Busy Nights Real Food
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
  It feels like fall in my kitchen
Well, I took another whack at making bread again today, and had slightly better luck than the 1st time. Do you see that crust? Do you see that nice chewy bread? It turned out great. However I am still trying for that nice dome on the top. It may be because I had to let them do their second rise in the fridge because I had a meeting and didn't want them to sit out for like 2 hours. Anyways, I am getting more comfortable with bread baking and hope to make it more regularly this fall and winter. Well what better to make on our first fall evening (its like 50 degrees outside right now) than some chicken noodle soup. This is the first time I have made it from scratch and it really turned out great (watch out Campbell's, I'm replacing you one pot of soup at a time). It was a chop and drop kind of soup, and tasted great. And of course we had to make some grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches with my fresh bread. Doesn't it look perfect (thanks funkbobito for being my grilled sandwich master)?
So I will be eating leftover meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, chicken noodle soup and bread for the next few days. But we are actually going meat free tomorrow night so tune in to see our feast.
 
Comments:
punky, the bread looks awesome. You have turned into quite the gourmet chef in these parts. Kudos to you!!! ;)
 
Your bread looks great. I am awful at making bread. Even no-fail recipes fail when I try to make them.
 
Your bread looks great! And the grilled cheese and soup looks pretty darn good too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

Just a mom, sharing our life on this little blog.

LINKS
Epicurious / Food TV / Cooking Light / Lone Star Diva

BLOGS I LOVE
Adventures in Food and Wine / Amateur Gourmet / Culinary in the Desert / Farmgirl Fare / Food Blog Scool / I Like to Cook / Jeff's Stuff / Kayaksoup / Mona's Apple / Musings / Savory Notebook / Sweetnicks

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / December 2009 /


Powered by Blogger