Busy Nights Real Food
Saturday, July 30, 2005
  A day in the life of a grilled sandwich
Well, I just started this blog a few days ago, and my motivation is still pretty good, however sometimes I wonder what the whole purpose of it is. Is anybody out there? I think it is a bit like being a grilled sandwich.

These culinary staples are comfort food for most. They are there just to fill that void on a night when nobody wants to cook. They are the fall back. But how do the sandwiches feel about this. I mean, what is it like to be the easy way out for someone?

As any grilled cheese lover will know, there really is no bad grilled sandwich, but there is definitely a great grilled sandwich. A couple pieces of store bought bread, a slice of plastic wrapped cheese is always a good way to end a day. But fresh homemade bread, gourmet cheese and top quality deli meat can be a fabulous and enlightening experience. I had one of these types of sandwiches last night. It was absolutely perfect.

So back to tying it into this blog. Some blogs are great, one you can't go a day without reading (or at least thinking about)-this is last night's grilled ham and swiss. Some blogs are just okay, you could take them or leave them and be no worse for the wear. I really don't think a blog can be too bad, you are invited into someone else's little world. So in the grilled sandwich world of blogs I may just be a plain grilled cheese, with Kraft slices and Wonder bread, but here I am and here I shall remain as a fall back for those times you need it.
 
Comments:
People are reading your blog ... keep up your motivation. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

Just a mom, sharing our life on this little blog.

LINKS
Epicurious / Food TV / Cooking Light / Lone Star Diva

BLOGS I LOVE
Adventures in Food and Wine / Amateur Gourmet / Culinary in the Desert / Farmgirl Fare / Food Blog Scool / I Like to Cook / Jeff's Stuff / Kayaksoup / Mona's Apple / Musings / Savory Notebook / Sweetnicks

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / December 2009 /


Powered by Blogger