Busy Nights Real Food
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
  Back on the horse
Well, after way too long without a focus on cooking, its a little weird to get back into it. My motivation to try something new is pretty low. But I think it is growing, and I am just about ready to get back on the horse. I have magazines and cookbooks galore to cook out of, and a day off tomorrow that I may have to whip something up.
While in Mexico there was really only one thing I really wanted to bring home, a bottle of pure vanilla extract. Well, I brought home 2, a clear and dark, and I can't wait to choose a recipe to try them in. I had a picture to post, but my internet isn't letting me open that tab, so you get to visualize it all on your own.
So I work the late shift tonight so I am eating a sandwich and my HUSBAND (still so weird to say) will get to fend for himself at home. Hopefully a night like this will really inspire some great dishes on Thursday.
 
Comments:
I'm so happy to see you back!
 
Welcome back! And congratulations on the nuptuals! I would pop in every once in a while and see no change, so I'm glad youwere just busy and not ill or something more serious. So sorry to hear about your Gidget, it's very hard losing a pet that you've spent so much of your life with.

Question for you about your Mexican vanilla. My brother brought me some from Mexico, and I am wondering if it actually IS pure vanilla. I've heard so many horror stories about Mexican vanilla. Anyway, mine has a very distinct smell that reminds me very much of Dr. Pepper- is that what yours is like? I hesitate to use this big beautiful bottle because I just don't know. :-)
 
Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

Just a mom, sharing our life on this little blog.

LINKS
Epicurious / Food TV / Cooking Light / Lone Star Diva

BLOGS I LOVE
Adventures in Food and Wine / Amateur Gourmet / Culinary in the Desert / Farmgirl Fare / Food Blog Scool / I Like to Cook / Jeff's Stuff / Kayaksoup / Mona's Apple / Musings / Savory Notebook / Sweetnicks

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / December 2009 /


Powered by Blogger