Busy Nights Real Food
Monday, November 07, 2005
  Catching up after the weekend
Well, I got some good cooking in this weekend so I wanted to give you all a quick update. Well, lets start with I think I could have gained 30 pounds this weekend since everything was super full of fat.

First off, we made homemade pizza of Friday. The dough and sauce recipe were from a coworker and we really liked it. We got a little pepperoni happy and had to do a little grease sopping before we could eat it. Don't get me wrong, it tasted damn good, we just need to keep our pepperoni cravings in check when making pizza.


Homemade Pizza

Then last night, Sunday, I finally overcame my Joy of Cooking Curse. I made 2 recipes from it and they both turned out great. I did make some simple roasted carrots for Bob as well.

Beef Stroganoff and Sauteed Mushrooms

Well, I also shelled out the $7 for Martha Stewart's Holiday Cookie magazine. And God help me I am going to make stuff out of it for that kind of money. These turned out really good, but I think Funkbobito was going to freak out when the butter and sugar kept getting all jammed up in the mixer beaters. But all came together well and here's how they looked.

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
Comments:
I got the MS cookie mag too...you're right--at that price, we'd better be cookie-baking fools!!
 
I made the Cream Cheese Walnut cookies out of that cookie mag. They were OK. Not a WOW recipe, but good.
I need to figure out what I'm going to make next.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

Just a mom, sharing our life on this little blog.

LINKS
Epicurious / Food TV / Cooking Light / Lone Star Diva

BLOGS I LOVE
Adventures in Food and Wine / Amateur Gourmet / Culinary in the Desert / Farmgirl Fare / Food Blog Scool / I Like to Cook / Jeff's Stuff / Kayaksoup / Mona's Apple / Musings / Savory Notebook / Sweetnicks

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / December 2009 /


Powered by Blogger