Busy Nights Real Food
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
  Happy Dishwasher Day
Well today I got a new dishwasher. Well, I actually bought it on Saturday, but it came today. The old one was a pain since it didn't actually get anything clean. But of course in my life nothing can be too easy in my house. My house was built over 50 years ago, which isn't super old, but old enough to cause all kinds of problems.

So what to do with new dishwasher (besides doing the 3 days worth of dishes that I had put off)? Well you have to make a dinner that can make a lot of dirty dishes. And I was successful (and the food tasted good).

We started with sauteed chicken breasts, thinly sliced. A little garlic and olive oil on the bread, some sauteed red pepper and mushrooms. And of course, what is a sandwich with out some yummy cheese? We chose herb havarti (ohhh, so good). Wrapped it all up with foil and let it cook till it was nice and melty.


I served a spinach salad with apples, red onion, pecans, Parmesan and balsamic vinaigrette. The dinner was a smashing success (except that I have to go load the dishwasher now).
 
Comments:
Congrats on your new dish washer! Dinner sounds great tonight!
 
very yummy looking sandwiches.. I heart new appiance days.. I have only had one.. it was the clothes washer.. A front loader.. Woot!
 
What kind of dishwasher is it? I've been having to wash my dishes after taking them out of the washer. Not a good sign. Ours is also incredibly loud.
 
joe and templer- Thanks. It was a super good dinner.

Anna- I bought a Kenmore (it was number 3 on the Consumer Reports list and a great deal at Sears). The Maytag I looked at was also great looking, but I decided to stick with this one. It gets my dishes clean, has lots of room, and is actaully quiet.
 
That dinner looks and sounds fantastic! And congrats on the new dishwasher!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

Just a mom, sharing our life on this little blog.

LINKS
Epicurious / Food TV / Cooking Light / Lone Star Diva

BLOGS I LOVE
Adventures in Food and Wine / Amateur Gourmet / Culinary in the Desert / Farmgirl Fare / Food Blog Scool / I Like to Cook / Jeff's Stuff / Kayaksoup / Mona's Apple / Musings / Savory Notebook / Sweetnicks

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / December 2009 /


Powered by Blogger