Confessions of a food blogger
Well any time I try to claim to be a foodie, this list of my little confessions always runs through my head and reminds me that I am a new cook, but far from a foodie.
- I will never stop making Kraft Mac and Cheese in the blue box. Even though I am trying to find a good homemade recipe, I will never totally abandon my roots on this one.
- I hate making food that keeps me in the kitchen for hours on end. I like to know I made something, but I don't need to stand in front of my stove for 5 hours to get that feeling.
- After a night out with my friends nothing in this world sounds better to me than Taco Bell.
- I still eat McDonald's.
- I can't make a cheese sauce without the little bumps and separating.
- As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am constantly defeated by the potato.
- I always have cream of whatever soup on hand because I can't figure out what in the world you would make to replace it.
- One of my favorite snacks is Cheez-Its.
- Some times the full fat version of things taste weird to me (like sour cream).
- I am addicted to buying shredded cheese. I always have at least 3 bags in my fridge.
- I only have one decent knife.
- My blender was so cheap that it smells like its burning when you use it.
- I get mad at how expensive fresh veggies cost so will often buy frozen (and on the rare occasion, canned)
- On nights I am tired and stressed I usually just want a frozen pizza for dinner (and not even the good ones, but the ones that are like 10 for $10. I only eat one, but you know the pizzas I'm talking about.)
- I rarely use my cookbooks.
- I love rice crispy treats.
- I buy my spices at the grocery store (and I rarely buy fresh herbs because I can't use them before they go bad).
- I ate so much salmon one night (close to a pound) just to avoid leftovers, that I have not been able to eat it again, almost 3 years later.
- I am a pretty pathetic baker. I have been known to buy the cookies you just break apart and bake when I had to bring treats for something.
- I hate chopping more than anything in this world, really I do.
- I broke my box grater so now I have no way to grate anything.
Well, hopefully you faithful readers (and you new ones too) won't desert me now that I have come clean. And feel free to share your own confessions here as well. Its a time to open up and empty out those skeletons in the food closet. I know we all have some (I know there are some secret Wonder bread lovers are out there).