Busy Nights Real Food
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
 
Ode to Rachel Ray

I turn on your show when I have a chance
I like that your recipes aren't too fanc-y.

I bought the big bottle of EVOO
How much fat is in that dressing, I don't want to know.

Your witty remarks and excited tone
Make me think I could make this at home.

As I cook more I use you much less
But don't worry RR, I still think you are the best.

Well, I will admit there are a few Rachel Ray recipes that I have kept in my bag of tricks and I made this one last night. Her French Dip Sandwich is great, and flat easy to make. I tried to half the recipe last night, and I don't think I will try that again. The meat was aplenty, but there was not enough au jus. If you like French dip, this one is a great one to try. The au jus is really the star (though the good roast beef doesn't hurt). Anyways, I made this last night for my fiance and I had a turkey and Brie sandwich with roasted red pepper and spinach. I got it all melty and good and probably could have eaten about 3 more of them (no, not really).

My best friend and I have started our own health initiative. We are buddying up to eat healthier and lose those few pesky pounds. So far this week I have done well, even made it to the gym, so stay tuned for my attempts to make healthy stuff that my fiance and roommate will eat. Making some easy old recipes this week, but lets see what I can do to the sides to add some excitement. Till then...
 
Comments:
Love the ode to RR. Aren't her recipes the greatest?!
 
Yum, French Dip!! I love these :)

Best wishes on the healthier eating!!
 
This looks great - I do have a thing for au jus! Thanks for sharing - i'll have to sneak over to FoodTV and have a peak!
 
I like RR as well--I need to dig into her cookbook that has been gathering dust.
The pizza looks yummy! You CAN do your own pizza dough. It's not as bad as you may think.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

Just a mom, sharing our life on this little blog.

LINKS
Epicurious / Food TV / Cooking Light / Lone Star Diva

BLOGS I LOVE
Adventures in Food and Wine / Amateur Gourmet / Culinary in the Desert / Farmgirl Fare / Food Blog Scool / I Like to Cook / Jeff's Stuff / Kayaksoup / Mona's Apple / Musings / Savory Notebook / Sweetnicks

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / December 2009 /


Powered by Blogger