Busy Nights Real Food
Sunday, August 07, 2005
  A new week, maybe some new adventures
Well, since I ate leftovers for 2 days and worked a lot, I didn't have too much to say so why waste the internet space you know? Anyways, I went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant last night only to be slightly disappointed. This restaurant (La Bodega) serves tapas and some of the best sangria I have ever had. We hadn't been in a while because we have been pinching pennies ever since the engagement. Anyways, I think they have a new chef and some of our favorites tasted different, not bad, just different. I managed to force down my half of all our courses, and a dessert of wonderful flan and waddle out the door.

So I am trying to get my menu together for the week. I have to make one thing off my list of scary foods so I think this week will be Roasted Chicken. We will hope for the best on this one. I think I will also make Five Spice Pork Lo Mein from Cooking Light. Only other recipe I have thought of this week is Garlic Shrimp with Chili that Sweetnicks shared this past week. I may let the B.O.B, my fiance, pick the other 2 or 3 meals. Wish me luck with the chicken. I will be sure to document the enitre process for you all to enjoy. Have a great week.
 
Comments:
The Pork Lo Mein dish is really really good. :)
 
Good luck! If you need any chicken roasting tips, let me know!
 
Clearing off scary food from your list is fun! Enjoy and much success!
 
La Bodega? Are you in Minneapolis? Just went by there yesterday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

Just a mom, sharing our life on this little blog.

LINKS
Epicurious / Food TV / Cooking Light / Lone Star Diva

BLOGS I LOVE
Adventures in Food and Wine / Amateur Gourmet / Culinary in the Desert / Farmgirl Fare / Food Blog Scool / I Like to Cook / Jeff's Stuff / Kayaksoup / Mona's Apple / Musings / Savory Notebook / Sweetnicks

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / December 2009 /


Powered by Blogger