Busy Nights Real Food
Friday, July 29, 2005
  Atsa Pizza Pie
Nothing too gourmet last night. Made strombolli with pepperoni and homemade sausage. Such an easy recipe (which I actually made some time ago and froze). Now if I could just convince someone to buy that KitchenAid so I could make the dough without kneading it myself (never been too good at that). So here is the recipe for my sausage. Forgive me for the title, it was not my creation. I think this sausage was even better than the 1st time I had it.

Atsa Spicy Pizza Sausage
It's as bold as the name implies. Use some now and freeze the rest for a quick pizza later.
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound ground pork
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, crushed

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble.

Drain.

Note: The sausage can be frozen in zip-top plastic bags for up to 3 months.
Yield: 5 cups (serving size: 1/2 cup)CALORIES 203(61% from fat); FAT 13.7g (sat 4.6g,mono 5.8g,poly 2.1g); PROTEIN 17.6g; CHOLESTEROL 68mg; CALCIUM 42mg; SODIUM 319mg; FIBER 0.3g; IRON 1.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 1.2g

Cooking Light, JANUARY 2001
 
Comments:
A huge round of applause, keep it up.
Oregon Atsa Website
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

Just a mom, sharing our life on this little blog.

LINKS
Epicurious / Food TV / Cooking Light / Lone Star Diva

BLOGS I LOVE
Adventures in Food and Wine / Amateur Gourmet / Culinary in the Desert / Farmgirl Fare / Food Blog Scool / I Like to Cook / Jeff's Stuff / Kayaksoup / Mona's Apple / Musings / Savory Notebook / Sweetnicks

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / May 2006 / December 2009 /


Powered by Blogger